Plant of choice
Florist wire, cut and bent into a ‘U’ shape
Builders string or twine
- Remove as much of the soil from your plant as possible.
- Mix one part bonsai soil, two parts peat moss. Add a small amount of water, just enough so that you can form a ball.
- Gently break the ball in half, press the plant between the two halves and reform the ball around.
- Cover the outside of the ball in sheet moss and pin with florist wire.
- Wrap the string around the ball, changing directions as much as possible for even coverage and allowing enough length to create a long loop for the kokedama ball to hang.
- If necessary, firmly squeeze the ball to create an even sphere.